Impressing a woman is probably one of the toughest things in the world, unless you look like Brad Pitt. But it’s not always about good looks. Wooing a woman is an art. It is a game of charm, wit, and intelligence. Besides the usual ‘dress well, listen to her, make her curious’ rules of impressing women, what are the hacks that smooth operators practise to make women swoon after them? How do some men effortlessly sweep women off their feet? What is that skill that all the cassanovas and James Bonds of this world possess? We bring you 14 psychological hacks that will make her fall for you.
1. When you meet her for the first time, choose an experience that is overwhelming, like watching a brilliant movie, or a visit to a fun park or even smoking up. The human mind forms associations with memories. In this case, the girl is likely to associate her overwhelming and heart-racing experience with you. Yes, you literally made her heart skip a beat. And she is gonna want to relive that experience with you. Way to confirm a second date.
2. Play the part of a cassanova throughout your interaction with her, and just once in a while make an overtly soppy and sweet gesture. This will make you look adorable without losing out on your sex appeal. She’ll be infatuated with your carefree flirtatious attitude but she’ll fall for you when she sees a sensitive little heart behind all that rakishness. It’ll confuse her; it’ll make her curious, it’ll make her want to explore you.
3. Don’t rush to her in a social setting. Even when you are walking up to her, adopt a slow pace. Saunter a bit. If you are in a party, change your tracks, pretend to get distracted, chat up with a random friend on the way, smile at someone and make sure she is watching you in anticipation, waiting. Let her think your interest in her is not that overpowering yet, and you have other distractions in life. But after all the sauntering, make sure you do reach her lest she thinks you aren’t interested in her at all.
4. Exhibit your skills in the most subtle non-bragging way. Women love men with skills. You play a musical instrument, can sing, are great at a sport, write poetry, anything that counts as an impressive skill. Arrange for your date in such a setting that allows your skill to be revealed. For example, if you can play the guitar, make a bonfire picnic plan with friends and invite her. If you croon, take her to a karaoke night and let her force you to sing with her. Whatever you do, do it in the most non-chalant way.
5. Taunt her, tease her, challenge her. Give her something to get back at you, in jest of course. Disagree with her on little insignificant things. (Don’t, absolutely don’t do this when she is talking about her passions or beliefs). This will tell her she doesn’t have you on the hook yet, and she sees a challenge – which all women love. You are the guy who keeps her on the edge; you excite her. This is one sureshot way to always evade the friendzone.
6. Touch her gently. Of course, don’t graze your hand against her thigh now, if you genuinely want her to like you. While walking, put your hand behind her back ever so gently. Arouse her just enough to make her want you. Don’t go overboard with it – there’s a thin line between a harmless sensual touch and an uncomfortable touch that shouts pervert.
If you are a good judge of character, take some time to understand the woman you are interested in. Observe her, the way she speaks, the things she likes, the things that make her upset, the way she talks, what her friends are like – figure out her Achilles heel, her biggest insecurity or fear, the thing she has probably not even revealed to her friends. And then voila, tell her about it, but in the most gentle and subtle manner. Tell her you know her biggest insecurity and you understand her. You are suddenly her sole confidante, her BFF soulmate – don’t worry, this will not put you in the friendzone; this will give you a place in her heart.