The Lord of the Rings trilogy is undoubtedly one of the greatest movie trilogies ever made. All the three movies were the perfect tribute to J.R.R Tolkien’s fantasy novels from which the movies were adapted from. Director Peter Jackson definitely brought his A-Game while directing this epic fantasy trilogy.
While there are numerous amazing moments in the trilogy, there are some that stand out, and we will be addressing those moments from here on. So, without further ado let’s go through some of the greatest moments in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Here are some of the greatest moments in The Lord of the Rings trilogy
1. Aragorn recruiting the ghostly killers to fight for Gondor, who were cursed eternal living death for their actions was a really creepy and unexpected moment in The Return of the King.
When the king of the dead emerges out of the mountainside and says, “We fight”, it added to the epicness of the movie. Also the dead emerging out to fight with Aragorn was enough to give us goosebumps.
2. Gandalf beating down Denethor was one of the most satisfying moments of the trilogy.
3. Arwen might have been a polarizing figure among the fans, but the moment in The Fellowship of the Ring where she outruns the Ringwraiths with a wounded Frodo was really thrilling.
4. Saruman’s death in the extended edition of The Return of the King seemed to be a fitting end to his prideful conquest in The Two Towers.
5. The entire fight in Balin’s tomb was an amazing sequence in The Fellowship of the Ring.
6. The lighting of beacons that summoned Rohan to Gondor’s aid, and bringing life into the landscapes of middle earth was one of the most exciting scenes in the entire trilogy. Simplistic yet epic.
7. Aragorn’s coronation gave the viewers a pleasant feeling of exhausted relief, and the feeling of everything ending rightfully was more than satisfactory.
8. The revival of Theoden, after he was no longer under Saruman’s spell brought a fresh air of hope, and was indeed an amazing moment.
9. Boromir’s death was probably one of the saddest and iconic moments in the entire trilogy. This moment also further developed Aragorn as a leader.
10. The fall of Sauron was the moment the exact moment that each one of us finally felt relieved, after going through an enormous number of emotions throughout the trilogy.
11. Eowyn killing The Witch King after saying, “I’m no man” in response to the Witch King telling her that no man can kill him was truly a bad-ass moment.
12. Sam carrying Frodo up to Mount Doom was a really emotional moment, that brought out a sniffle out of all of us.
It was a really hard task to narrow it down to these moments, as The Lord of the Rings trilogy is full of iconic moments that will be printed in history till the end of time.